Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Shit Morons say ... after rear ending you.

"I didn't think you were going to stop."

For some reason we started talking about stupid drivers at work the other day. I was reminded of one mook I encountered when visiting home around 2004. (May have been 2003.)

I was meeting friends at Maxwell's Plum in Halifax and trying to find a parking spot. There were none on the street it is on and I was going around to try a back street. There was a stop sign at the intersection so of course I stopped.

Then there was a bang as my car was rear ended. I jumped out and checked the back of the car. There was barely a dent in bumper nothing to get worked up about. At least not until the moron driving the car opened her mouth and said

"I didn't think you were going to stop."

That pushed me over the edge of "happy it wasn't anything serious" and into "what a fucking moron". I pointed to the stop sign and said

"Of course, why would you expect me to stop at a stop sign."

I can't remember exactly what she said but it was something almost as stupid as her initial comment. I said

"Of course you didn't expect me to stop at a stop sign. My break lights were lit as I slowed to a stop. Why would you ever think I was going to stop. You definitely are blonde." (and she really was a blonde.)

With that I got back in my car and drove off to find a parking spot. She sat there fuming and I thankfully never saw her again.

No comments:

Post a Comment