Thursday, August 23, 2012

Don't Shit Where you Eat!

I always thought the phrase "Don't Shit Where You Eat" was a good one. It is one I put into practice since ... damn ... since I first started working. I don't date co-workers. If things go pear shaped it usually makes life at work difficult. There have been several times I was tempted but I managed to resist.

Proof of the validity of the belief showed itself yet again. A friend of mine got involved with a co-worker, different department, about 8 or 9 months ago. Things went along well for a while. Then they had some bumps. He treated her like shit. They got back together.

Last week she found out he cheated on her with someone in his department. (Turns out this wasn't the first time either. He had cheated on her months ago with someone in yet another department. But I digress.) When confronted he lied about it. Tried to make her feel guilty. The one he cheated with and is now dating admitted it. Sent her threatening Facebook messages. And it is all spilling over into the work place.

Now when she goes to work she sees them there. Together and apart. It stresses her out and makes her feel like shit. All of them are giving their side to anyone who will listen. It makes for an unhealthy work environment.

All of this could have been avoided if she didn't shit where she eats.


5 comments:

  1. I was tempted, too. It didn't help that most of my Korean co-workers were young, cute, and female.
    One school I worked at had a young male Korean, who was romancing a foreign girlfriend (and co-worker) until a fortune teller told him he would never be happy with her. The environment got so bad, they couldn't be in the same room without she would begin screaming at him.
    An emphatic warning if ever there was one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Korea made it much easier to do it than here.

    I saw several Foreign-Korean co-workers relationships go pear shaped and the consequences. Regardless of whose fault it was the foreigner was wrong and the Korean was the victim in the eyes of the other Korean co-workers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ur shit u should die

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If it is any consolation I guarantee you that I will die. Someday. Of course, so will you.

      Delete
  4. fat fuck who would want to date u?

    ReplyDelete