Friday, August 31, 2012

Shit Morons Say ... about rape victims.

“Stay alert, walk tall, carry mace, take self-defence classes & don’t dress like a whore.” 

These insensitive and the last part moronic, words of wisdom were uttered by Krista Ford in a tweet. (It really seems fitting in her case that someone who uses twitter is called a twit.) Krista is the niece of Toronto Mayor Rob Ford. But that isn't the cunning stunts only claim to fame. She was also a member of the Toronto team in the Lingerie Football League. Not much of a claim to fame, eh?

Krista's tweet was in response to a news conference Toronto Police held Wednesday about six recent sexual assaults in the west end. In those cases six young women were all attacked from behind as they walked at night. She followed the tweet up with the hash tags  #DontBeAVictim and #StreetSmart. What a fucktard.

 One of the rape victims decided to speak out after Ford made her tweeted. She posted it on Facebook and Twitter and it went viral from there.


Dear a lot of people, but specifically Ms. Krista Ford,

In advance I’d like to say I am sorry. This is not the ideal situation to first acquaint oneself with someone and I am mortified. Sorry! However, under the circumstance, I feel like you owe me a moment of your time, even though we’ve never meet.

The circumstance being you called me a whore.

I should clarify: I’m one of the victims of the recent string of sexual assaults in the Annex. ‘Sup? It’s nice to make you acquaintance.

So, you’ve called me a whore. Here we are. This is awkward now, isn’t it? You’re probably wondering if I’m going to challenge you on having been a member of Lingerie League. I’m not, because I’d never slut-shame another woman. I believe you have a right to your body and regardless of how you do or don’t dress it I believe you have a right to respect and personal security. I guess that’s the key difference in our thinking. You could wear a t-shirt that says “I’m literally asking for it” and I’d still advocate for your security.

That’s what I’m asking for this brief moment of your day, for your edification. You’re a woman and you should know that your body is yours and yours alone. No matter how you dress it, you have a right — an actual Charter of Rights and Freedom right — to not be sexually assaulted. You are entitled to life, liberty and the security of person. Welcome to Canada — you live here! If you weren’t aware of your Charter rights, other Canadian things you may have missed out on are double-doubles, good maple syrup, and Beachcombers*, so check that s— out.

For the record, I was sexually assaulted while wearing a knee-length polka-dot dress. The last time I wore that dress, it was to Easter dinner at my Gran’s, where I’m fairly certain I could make little to no money whoring.

With due respect / sorry,

Alice Moran

Canadian / Comedian / Beachcombers Enthusiast

*I love Beachcombers.


Out of respect for Ms. Moran I won't tackle the hypocrisy of Ms. Ford when it comes to styles of dress. Considering her  (Krista Ford) previous "sports" career and choice of dress she has REALLY put herself out there to be ridiculed for her hypocrisy.

As with most of these kinds of morons Krista apologized. Sort of. On Thursday she posted a tweet AFTER the afore mentioned  reply from one of the victims.

“I didn’t mean to cause such an alarm and I apologize if I did. I just want women to be safe.” 

Cause such alarm? How could you possibly cause alarm? All you did was tell rapists that their victims are nothing but whores. Fucktard.

How about you are sorry that your comment was so fucktardic and insensitive? Of course not, that would be taking responsibility. Instead she apologizes IF her comments caused any alarm. Her Uncle claims it was a mistake. Uncle Bobby went on to say;

“It’s a mistake she made. She regrets it, she apologizes for it. She’s very young, right, so we were all young and we all did things we regret when we were younger. “She apologizes and we have to move on now.”

I am sure your comments will help the rape victims being characterized as whores by your Niece, Rob. I see being a moron runs in your family.

It was a fucking huge mistake. One that deserves a proper apology. (Hell, I wouldn't even characterize Krista's last tweet as an actual apology.) While she may be young she is also SUPPOSED to be an adult and needs to act like one.

Krista has since made access to her Twitter feed private. If we ever hear from her again hopefully it because she is making a proper and sincere apology.

Todd Akins, Kees van der Staaij, and now Krista Ford. Morons hell bent on proving what is already known, morons are universal and keep raising the bar of what is fucktardic.

3 comments:

  1. The problem with twitter is that it gives morons with two thumbs and a mobile device the opportunity to share their brain farts with the rest of the world.
    I snort with disgust!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sure the twits would find other ways to "express" themselves. They usually do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw the pictures of Ford but didn't feel the need to mention them at the time. Yes, it does make her an uber-hypocrite.

    ReplyDelete