Sunday, July 17, 2011

Loud Mouth Know-it-alls.

One of my brother's has the most obnoxious neighbour. Let's call him Jerry. Jerry is a loud mouth know-it-all. He is actually worse than most of that type because he an be so obnoxious about it. Jerry worked for the power corporation and supposedly selling insurance. Yet it doesn't matter the subject he knows more than you.

I can remember a few years back when a bunch of us gathered at my brothers on a Friday evening. Two of the guys are mechanics and were talking about a problem with my nieces car. Jerry had to chime in and tell them they were wrong, he knows the problem, this is what it is. Seriously, these guys do this for a living and are damn good at it yet this twat thinks he knows better. The next day when they worked on my niece's car they were right about the problem.

Friends have stayed away from my brother's when the chance of Jerry being around are strong. Unfortunately for my brother, in the last month and a half, the chances were pretty much 100% any given day.

I tolerated the asshole because he was my brother's neighbour. It became hard to do after after an incident at my brother's 50th birthday party. My brother and his wife asked me to take pictures. There was a pretty big crowd there for the party. When we all moved inside for the blowing out of the candles and munchies I was taking pictures. All of a sudden up walks Jerry.

"How would you feel if I knowcked that fucking camera out of your hands and put it under my foot?" He asked.

My reply was "How would you like it if I knocked you to the ground and put my foot in your fucking throat asshole?"

Jerry blinked, seemed to be about to say something, and left. Typical Jerry. All bluster. No substance.

Jerry even made one of my brother-in-laws, who is pretty laid back, blow his top. He was being his usual obnoxious self telling people they knew nothing about a subject when my brother-in-law had enough. From what I heard second hand it started "Jerry, you are fucking idiot who thinks he knows everything. You need to shut your god damn mouth because you are nothing but a fucking idiot who is full of shit." The verbal lashing lasted a couple of minutes. After which Jerry shut the fuck up and slinked off home.

Since my brother has been home for the last month an a half he just couldn't get away from Jerry. If he stepped out to start the BBQ there was Jerry on his patio. Friends would be over and they would look out the window into the back yard and there was Jerry looking in. He would go out to the garage for a cigarette and to talk with a friend and there is Jerry. Like a bad penny he just kept showing up.

Hell, I house sat for my brother a week ago and there were a few times I felt like someone was watching me. Odds are there was. Jerry.

It hit the tipping point for my brother last week. Jerry had appeared too many times in the span of a couple of days. He had been his usual self and the last time he was over had to insert himself into my brother's conversation with another friend. Once again, he knew it all, my brother knew nothing. My brother tore him a new asshole. From what I hear he didn't hold much back. It ended with Jerry saying he wouldn't see him again. Hopefully Jerry is a man of his word.

Loud mouth know-it-alls. There are too many of them in the world. May they all be put in their place.

1 comment: