Thursday, July 21, 2011

Facebook Follies

The latest stupidity by Facebook seems to be their "improvements" to chat. For some reason they decided that you shouldn't be able to shut chat off permanently. Now that they have "fixed" it every time you log on chat opens and if you have to shut it off.

How they thought this would be an improvement or something people would want is beyond me. I have yet to see anyone on Facebook have something nice to say about the changes to chat.

I guess when you are the leader in an area you don't actually think about what people might or might not want. Facebook seems to do shit like this just for the sake of doing it.

I started using Google+ but it is kind of boring once you get it set up. Which means that even if Facebook is fucking up by the numbers there is really no competition for it to worry about. Yet.
Bravo Facebook, for coming up with new ways to piss off customers.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, it surprised me when someone started chatting to me when I didn't remember opening the chat. But it has stayed closed since then. It hasn't re-opened whenever I've gone back on, so that's okay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mine keeps opening even though I shut it off and hid it. Same problem for some of the family as well.

    ReplyDelete