Wednesday, September 19, 2012

What the ... inability?!?!?

What is it with the inability of a lot of people to simply admit when they made a mistake and apologize? Do they think it is a sign of weakness? A sign of failure? I see this inability as a sign of immaturity and sometimes stupidity.

Hilda always comes to mind when this topic comes up. The ONLY times I can remember her apologizing is when it was an "I'm sorry for whatever I might have done." An apology made without knowing what she was apologizing for, if anything. As I have mentioned before, a type of apology she would NEVER accept from someone else. But she expects others to accept from her.

Once it comes down to her knowing what she has done wrong she never apologizes. Even if she agrees she did something wrong. She just can't bring herself to apologize. It has cost her a lot of friends over the years.

Then you have Jay. I have known Jay for 20+ years. He is the kind of person who will throw away a friendship for the smallest slight, whether real or perceived. He is also the kind of person that will never apologize even if he knows he was wrong. It has cost him a lot of friends over the years. Jay actually wears it like a badge of honour and bragged about being this way.

Now you have Mr. C, my co-worker who flipped out at me. I am not the first person at work he has spazzed out at for little to no reason. From what I know of him it is pretty safe to say it won't be the last time either. He is also the type that won't apologize. It doesn't matter that he knows he was wrong. He has told people he knows it. He won't apologize. He keeps losing friends.

It is kind of sad to think that people are that screwed up. They would rather lose friends than apologize when they were wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment