Saturday, August 6, 2011

Birthdays

I haven't been around much the last couple of days because of my birthday. The day before it one of my brothers surprised me with a little party and the festivities didn't end until today. Although they may continue tonight.

Ok, some may rightly say I haven't been around much anyway because I spent too much time playing with the troll. I see you wagging that finger at me Stig. But I digress.

I have always enjoyed my birthday and that seems to make me strange. Most people I know don't like their birthday once they become adults. It is a reminder they are another year older. Most of my sisters miraculously stopped aging when they hit 39. Every year after that is their 39th birthday.

For me it is a reason to have fun. Or have more fun than I would normally have. It is MY day and I am egotistical enough that I like that idea. :) What can I say, I love a good party.

2 comments:

  1. I like a good birthday party, too. An excuse to get together and have some fun.
    Doesn't happen too often lately, especially if you're on the other side of the world.
    And I wasn't wagging my finger. I was waving you on. it was a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete