Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Chilean Mine Rescue

Damn. They are getting ready to send the rescue capsule, with rescuer, down to the Miner's. Instead of delays things continue to happen sooner. I almost typed thank god things continue sooner and if you knew me you wouldn't expect that.

I can't imagine what the miner's and their families are going through. I just can't fathom what it would be like to be trapped underground for this long ... expecting it to last longer. I think I would go mad. While I like to think of myself as a strong person, I think that would have broken me.

Then to hear that the miner's are all volunteering to be the last one up ... it makes me believe in the goodness of mankind. Once again, I would find it hard to believe I would volunteer to be last. While I would HOPE that I would do something like that I find it hard to believe that I wouldn't be volunteering to be 1st. I would want out of there.

Those guys have huge brass balls. I knew they had big ones to do the job they do but damn they must be the size of basketballs.

Here's hoping that everything goes smoothly and they are soon back on the surface in the arms of their loved ones.

As an aside ... here is hoping CBC News World starts covering it more completely soon so I don't have to watch CNN's coverage. I don't know how much more of their inane babbling mixed in with comments about American Pride in the rescue I can take. (Yes, they actually started making it about America ... as you can tell I tend to watch non-American centric news like CBC and the BBC.)

No comments:

Post a Comment