Saturday, August 1, 2015

They Live

The Rowdy One is gone. R.I.P. Roddy Piper. Gone, but never forgotten. He will live on in video, be it wrestling or movies. In remembrance of him I am watching They Live tonight. I haven't seen it in about 15-20 years.

I either did not know or completely forgot that They Live is a John Carpenter movie. Damn!

Holy shit Piper looks young. Then again, he was back then, it was 27 years ago.

The lead in is kind of slow and if you don't pay attention you will miss things.

when it comes to people trying to survive ... S2D2 ... same shit different decade.

"The golden rule. He who has the gold makes the rules." Steel makers in the movie and bankers now. Car makers in between. Like I said, same shit different decade.

TV was used to make people into zombies then. Now it is cell phones. What exactly is the opiate of the masses?

Now I am remembering why I liked the movie so much. :)

22 minutes in and still kind of slow. But it works.

Bye bye shanty town. But they will rebuild.

I love how they show the use of subliminal messaging. Send me money. It is well done. Send me money. Of course we don't know it until he gets the right pair of shades. Send me money.

It is a sad commentary on society that the theme of this movie STILL resonates today.

Damn Piper really pulls off the facial expressions the first time he sees one of THEM.

Heh ... money sublimanlly says "THIS IS YOUR GOD." It does seem like that with a lot of people. Send me money. ;)

And now it all starts to come together.

Interesting the first thing I think of when he sees the Politician is one of them with OBEY behind him is George Bush with Mission Accomplished behind him. When had he accomplished? NOTHING!

"You know, you look like your head fell in the cheese dip back in 1957."

Heh :)

"You see, I take these glasses off, she looks like a regular person, doesn't she? Put 'em back on ... formaldehyde-face!"

Damn ... you gave yourself away!

"That's like pouring perfume on a pig." Bwahahahahahaha!!!

And now I am reminded of ... GO ROWDY!!! Clothesline! GO ROWDY!! Kick their asses!!!! ... oops I digress ... reminded of Monty Python. "Come see the violence inherent in the system."

"I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass ... and I am all out of bubblegum." Heh :)

"Momma don't like tattletales." BLAM!!!!!!!!!

Damn! NOW things are speeding up. Go Roddy! Go Roddy!

God damn! Does her ass look that nice with the sunglasses on? Yes it does. :)

Is Captain Lou Albano her neighbour?!?!?!? Nope, but it could be his son.

Ouch! Damn! Never trust a dame! Ummm ... never kidnap a dame?

And that is why you don't hide stuff in garbage!

"I'm giving you a choice. Either put on these glasses or start eating that trashcan." Sounds like we have ourselves a no disqualification street fight here!!!! Go Roddy!

"You dirty motherfucker!" Heh ... someone forget it was no DQ. :)

And there was a WWF ... oops ... WWE move. :)

God damn! Piper fights as dirty in the movie as he did in the ring! Go Roddy!

Roddy suplexed him!!!

"You ain't the first son of a bitch to wake up from their dream!"

Life as you know it is over. Or as Roddy said "Brother, life's a bitch... and she's back in heat."

The hotel room ... that is the raging Rowdy Roddy that I remember from the ring. :)

"You can take your sunglasses off in here. We are all human."  Fuck that! Trust no one without the lenses!

Interesting corridor.

I need assistance.

DAMN!

And in the end he gives them the finger. :)

Love the ending.

God damn. Good movie. I reccommend it. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment