Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Cross Burning in Nova Scotia

In February some twats thought it would be funny to burn a cross in the yard of a mixed-race couple. Two brothers did this to their cousin who is living with her black fiance and their kids.

Her fiance said to the media

"I just seen a big cross out there, and it was on fire and it had the rope around the neck, and it was hanging down, and it was on fire. It was about seven feet tall,"

"By the time I got outside, there was nobody around. All we heard was, 'Die, nigger, die.' I was scared for my kids and my life. I don't know what is going to happen next. If it's a joke, then I don't know what it is. I don't know how to take it."

The two brothers who did it have been convicted of criminal harassment and inciting racial hatred, and are currently awaiting sentencing.The one who built the cross and lit it may be facing prison time. They, and people defending them, maintain that it wasn't racist. It was just a mistake of youth.

An uncle of the MEN, one is 20 and the other 21, said

“I’m not saying it should have been done because it shouldn’t have been, but everyone makes mistakes when they’re young, I’ve done foolish things that I’m not crazy about, but that’s life.”

You know there always seems to be some fucking morons who can renew my faith in the stupidity of man. Burning a cross isn't racist? Shouting "die nigger die" isn't racist? If that doesn't qualify as racist then what the hell would?

Burning a cross on a black persons lawn has been a symbol of racism, and more particularly the KKK, for well over a hundred years.

A mistake of youth? They aren't kids! They are 20 and 21 and god damn well should have known better.

Luckily, it is only a few asshats who are saying it wasn't racist. Mind you that is a few too many.

It is nice to see the Police and the Justice system take it seriously. Some jail time is just what the morons need. Even if they don't learn from it a message will be sent to other like minded idiots that this kind of bullshit will not be tolerated.



No comments:

Post a Comment