Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Jack Reacher

after my last post I figured I would go through posts I had wriiten, partially written, or wanted to write, and do something about them. so I am posting this review I wrote about the movie Jack Reacher.  It was written as I watched the movie and alcohol may or may not have been consumed. OK, it was. ;)

*****

Lately I have been reading the Jack Reacher novels by Lee Child aka Jim Grant. I have been liking the novels even though the hoboness of Jack Reacher was hard to grasp at first. Scarily enough, I started reading them because I heard about the Jack Reacher movie Tom Cruise did.

Tom Cruise. He is a bit wacky but he can act. Maybe his wackiness helps with that.

I never watched the movie until now. Something about Cruise made me stay away. After reading some of the novels my interest was piqued.

Having read the novels I wondered why the hell they picked Cruise to play Reacher. Jack Reacher is 6'5" tall and built like a brick shit house. Tom Cat is 5'7" and change.

Cruise did justice to the character in the books.

The story diverged from the books. They left stuff out. They changed things. Mind you that made it better in some ways. (OK having Cruise playing a person big enough to kill someone much shorter with one punch is way off.) In many ways?!? There were unexpected things and that made the movie better for someone who read the books and expected it to be exact.

Overall, I enjoyed the movie. Damn you Tom Cat. You continue to pull off being an action hero.


No comments:

Post a Comment