Monday, April 18, 2011

What the ... Things You Don't Say 2 ??!?!?

My dog is dying. He has cancer. It is inoperable. It is just a matter of time. He has a huge growth on one leg but it doesn't hurt and he still loves to walk. If he doesn't get 3 walks a day he lets you know he isn't happy.

The other day we were out for a walk and ran into a couple. They seemed nice and he LOVES attention. He is an attention whore. Can't get enough. One of the friendliest dogs we have ever had.

They saw the growth and asked about it. That is when the crazy comes out. Now, I don't care what religion a person is or what they believe in. My belief is that if it makes you a good person it is good. If it makes you a bad person it is bad. If it tells you to sacrifice babies or shit like that you have serious problems. I understand people believe in faith healing, shakras, and different kinds of stuff. More power to them. But when you meet someone you don't know and their dog is terminal don't start peddling faith healing.

The woman started going on about how she wished she had her crystals with her and could do a cleansing ceremony for the dog. Then she went on about some other new age mumbo jumbo. What the hell?!?!?

If someone I knew started going off like that I would probably tell them off. Politely, but tell them off nonetheless. They might mean well, they might believe in it, but that doesn't mean everyone does.

So here is someone I don't know peddling their version of crazy. Maybe it was something in my face that warned them it was time to leave. I was trying hard not to tell her off. She wasn't trying to be mean, I don't think. In her mind I am sure she thought she was being nice and helpful. One of my friends always said that when I am truly pissed off I get a "Charles Manson" look that just says "life as you know it is about to end". He has seen it, towards others, a couple of times. Maybe I got that look. Whatever it was, they quickly said bye and left.

You would think common sense would tell a person not to peddle crazy to strangers. When did common sense become so uncommmon?

2 comments:

  1. Sorry about your dog! (and the nutjob who harassed you two!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks.

    I know the woman meant well ... or at least I think she did. But damn there are things you just don't have to say.

    ReplyDelete