Saturday, July 19, 2014

Scotia Bank Telemarketers

The latest telemarketer bullshit has come to me courtesy of Scotia Bank. For the last 4 weeks I have been getting a call or more a week from them coming from  their telemarketers at 1-888-764-1733.

Here is a copy of the email I sent Scotia Bank.

My name is Flint.
 
I do not have a bank account with your company. I do not have a credit card with your company. I do have a car loan through you, and am starting to regret it.
 
I work grave yard shifts and lately have been getting woken up at least once a week by calls from 1-888-764-1733. They claim to be calling on behalf of Scotia Bank to tell me I am pre-approved for a credit card. Up until now I have been polite with the telemarketers and told them a) I am not interested and b) take me off your list (stop calling me). But I still get calls. 
 
If you want to waste money sending me mail I will throw in the garbage that is up to you. I do NOT want to be called. One of the main reasons I left my last bank is this sort of BS. At least they had the excuse that I actually had a bank account with them. All I have with you is a car loan, and thanks to this latest BS I will have to see if I can switch it to my usual bank somehow. They don’t harass me with these kind of stupid calls.
 
So, take me off of whatever call lists Scotia Bank has. I am sick of the harassment and about ready to blog about it.
 
My phone number is 1-***-***-****.  Take it out of your call database.
 

I hope you can appreciate the effort it took not to be profane in this email. 

As you can tell by the above it is extra annoying because of my work and sleep hours. I have an elderly parent so I do not want to shut my phone off. Hell, I shouldn't HAVE to shut my phone off not to be annoyed by assholes like this. The first time they call, fine, it happens. After that, after they have been told I am not interested take me off the list, they are just annoying fucktards and get treated as such.

What I found kind of ironic is that while Scotia Bank will farm out my name and number to their telemarketers I could not call their 1-800 number and speak to a person and complain because I don't have a bank account number or credit card number to put in. 

Fucktards.

Luckily, I know how to block calls on my phone and they are going on the block list.

No comments:

Post a Comment