Sunday, October 30, 2011

A story.

My life was falling apart. Everything shitty that could be happening seemed to be, all at the same time. I had broken up with my fiance. I was out of work with no immediate prospects for a job. Along with that I was having money problems and my old boss was trying to screw me over. I was having a falling out with one of my best friends. And just to round things off I was having some health problems. All in all it was not a good time to be me.

The stress and depression was intense. If I had believed in suicide I probably would have killed myself. At times all I wanted to do was curl up in a ball and ignore the world.

One night I went to sleep depressed as usual. For some reason I woke up at 3 AM on the dot. Or as on the dot as any digital clock can be. Something felt off .. strange. It felt like someone was in the room with me. I looked at the foot of the bed and that is when I saw them.

Standing at the end of my bad was my Father and my dog Zeus. That might not seem so strange except for the fact my father had died 7 years and my dog 2 years before that night. I know how incredible it sounds, the ghosts of my father and dog. Was I still sleeping?

My father never actually spoke. It was as if I could feel what he wanted to say. I felt ... reassured. Safe. Loved. It was as if he was somehow telling me not to worry. Life would get better. They were watching over me.

Then they were gone. I blinked a few times and doubted everything that had just happened. Then I laid back down and went to sleep.

When I woke up I felt refreshed. The sense of stress and depression hadn't vanished but it wasn't as strong. I even felt something that I hadn't felt in what seemed like an eternity. Hope. Life did progress and things got better.

The few people I told about this story scoffed at it. It was just a dream. Your mind was playing tricks. They may be right or maybe I really did see two ghosts that night.

No comments:

Post a Comment